Level 4 Award
About this qualification
Building on the Level 3 Award for Special Educational Needs Coordinators in Early Years Settings, this qualification offers Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and is aimed at Level 3 Early Years practitioners in a private, voluntary or independent setting. The qualification is designed for those already working in a lead SENCO role as an Early Years practitioner and who wish to increase confidence in relation to leadership and management progression. Learners will be prepared for leadership and management in specific aspects of the SENCO role including:
- enabling best outcomes for children and their families
- enriching professional development
- liaison with parents/carers, colleagues, other professionals
- undertaking and applying research for improved outcomes.
Learners must be aged 19+ and working as an Early Years practitioner in a lead SENCO or SEND related role.
Experience in the workplace
Learners must be working as an Early Years Practitioner in a lead SENCO or SEND related role, or be in a position where they are able to evidence achievement of specific knowledge and skills required of a lead role.
Learners must achieve three (3) mandatory units.
- Unit 1: Leading effective practice in the role of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator
- (SENCO) within Early Years Settings
- Unit 2: Evaluate Special Educational Needs and/or Disability (SEND) provision for effective practice within an Early Years Setting
- Unit 3: Lead change to inform Special Educational Needs and/or Disability (SEND) provision in an Early Years Setting
This qualification will be internally assessed through a portfolio of evidence.
Learners can progress to leadership and management roles and responsibilities within Special Educational Needs and/or Disability (SEND) related roles in Early Years Settings.
This qualification is suitable for those interested in pursuing careers in the following areas:
- Early years
- Childhood studies
- Community, youth and families
- Social work
- Health and social care
- Primary teaching
For more information
Full details of this qualification can be found on our website www.qualhub.co.uk