CACHE Level 5 Diploma
About this qualification
This qualification provides learners with the skills and knowledge needed to manage practice and lead others in adult health and social care provision or in children and young people’s services. It has five pathways and covers a wide range of topics including:
- safeguarding and protection
- managing care services, change programmes and recruitment
- supporting development and partnership working
- quality systems and improvement
- developing and carrying out policy
- promoting and developing best practice • care management.
This qualification is a must have for our Higher Level Apprenticeship in Care Leadership and Management. The Children and Young People pathways are also named in the Apprenticeship Standard for Children Young People and Families Manager.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification but learners will need to be at least 19 years of age. It is also recommended that they will hold a Level 3 qualification or above in a related area
Experience in the workplace
Learners will need to be working in the role of Deputy or Manager in an appropriate setting, or have the opportunity to carry out responsibilities associated with these roles to be able to study for the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (England) (90 credits).
Qualification structure and Units
For more information on the qualification structure and units covered please see the qualification leaflet.
All units are assessed by the Centre. Methods used could include:
- interpretation of knowledge from direct observation of practice in the workplace
- witness evidence
- professional discussion
- reflection on own practice in real work situations
- written assignments
- learner’s own plans and written records
- learner log or reflective diary
- observation of children, young people or adults by the learner
- portfolio of evidence
- optional task set by us
- scenario or case study
- oral questioning.
Grading of all units will be either pass or refer
On completion learners can progress to a wide range of job roles depending on the pathway taken. The following list is not all-inclusive, but gives a taster of the opportunities available in either adult or children and young people’s settings:
- deputy manager
- assistant manager
- care broker
- case manager
- senior support worker
- day care manager
- residential care manager
For more information
Full details of this qualification can be found on our website www.cache.org.uk