About this qualification
The Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning has been designed to provide learners with an understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school or college environments. It covers a wide range of areas including children and young people’s development, supporting children and young people’s positive behaviour and communication and professional relationships.
It’s aimed at learners working in roles that support pupils’ learning in primary, secondary or special schools, as well as colleges.
This qualification shares 3 units with the Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges, providing learners with a direct progression route to the Certificate.
Learners must be at least 16 years old. We do not set any other entry requirements but Centres may have their own guidelines.
Experience in the workplace
Learners will need to be working or on a practical placement for the duration of the course in a learning environment (school or college) as they need to show competence in both skills and knowledge.
- Understand Schools and Colleges as Organisations
- Understand Children and Young People’s Development
- Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in a Learning Environment for Children and Young People
- Maintain Relationships with Children and Young People
- Support the Health and Safety of Children and Young People
- Support Positive Behaviour in a Learning Environment for Children and Young People
- Contribute to Teamwork in a Learning Environment
- Understand Children and Young People’s Play and Leisure
- Promote an Effective Learning Environment
- Provide Displays in a Learning Environment
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods which could include: written assignments or tasks such as designing a leaflet or booklet, charts or diagrams or setting up an information board.
For more information
Full details of this qualification can be found on our website www.cache.org.uk